Bangladesh is quickly growing as a small business center. There’s plenty of small and micro business opportunities. Setting up and running a business is full of challenges, but opportunities always welcome those who are ready to take challenges.
Below is a list of manageable business ideas.
1. Grocery Store with Delivery Service: Something that saves time of busy people has great business potential. Starting a small grocery store with delivery option can be a very good business.
2. Tea & Breakfast Corner: Tea being most popular drink everywhere in Bangladesh has a huge business potential in cities like Dhaka. With breakfast and snacks to supplement you can set up a small scale yet profitable business. You can be different from other uneducated tea seller by cleaner and better looking tea cups. Your tea stall should have a touch of creativity.
3. Fast Food Spot: Fast food is as popular in Dhaka as in any other city in Bangladesh. A small food cart with an initial investment of TK.10,000-Tk.25,000 can have a good scope in just any busy location.
4. Fresh Juice Kiosk: It’s one of the low cost business idea that can be established within TK. 5,000 – 7,000. However, success depends on the product you offer and you must have the business set up on right location.
5- Organic Food Production & Delivery: Since a large population in Dhaka is most concerned about their health, they love buying organic. If you own a small or large area for cultivation, or you can rent one, starting organic gardening is one of the profitable ideas. You can grow one on your roof-top.You can grow and deliver at doorstep for their best experience and your profits.
6. Small Bakery: Let it be a small town or a large metropolis, Bakery is bought everyday by people making it an evergreen business. You may find a lot of them already operating, however with a twist you can enter in the market and grab your share, by offering custom cakes, fast delivery, taking large orders, partnering with corporate for bulk orders and so on!
7. Home Cooked Food Delivered on Doorstep: Desiring for freshly cooked food during lunchtime is common among working class and there’s a large population in Bangladesh that would love the idea!
8. Catering Business: Let it be a business, religious or personal event, they all need the best catering. Starting one will surely need investment, but it’s not that high!
9- Bed & Breakfast: If you are the owner of a big property and have many extra rooms in your house then consider letting them out to the tourists. This will help you to earn quick cash for your unused space. This is more apt in case the property is located in cultural heritages lush landscapes, airport and places of tourist interests.
10. Everything Tk. 1-99 Gift Shop: Everyone loves to give and receive gifts but often budget constraints do not allow. With a budget gift shop you allow more people to enjoy the occasions and so you get more profits!
11. Tailoring: Although it’s more of ladies tailoring, a huge male population also wants the services. Starting such a business with a partner wheree one is specialist in ladies tailoring while other is best at men’s clothing can be profitable!
12- Photography & Videography: Showcase your photography skills with quick portfolio or do some voluntarily photography at various wedding and corporate events to get noticed.
13. Home Based Gym: If you’ve a spare room in your house and can invest in some machines, it’s one profitable business idea, however your training will be class apart.
14- Tutoring: Let it be tutoring elementary classes or college students, the potential is always there if you are good at explaining the concepts!
15. Mobile Phones / Gadgets Repair: A large section of people who do not buy new device or gadget till the time they have a working device in their hand would love this service though there are too many existing already, why not to promote your Business online, get reviews and become an authentic repair company!
16. Website Business: You can start a web development business. All you need is a desktop or a laptop and a quite place to unleash your creativity. Of course, you need to attain the necessary skills to be a web developer. It can be a very profitable business without investing much.
17. Tech / Gadgets Shop: There is a big market for tech and gadgets at every place through the world and thus opening a business which sells tech products is a smart choices. Irrespective of the type of business, it will require PCs and its accessories.
18. Online Retailing: Buying products from a wholesale market and then selling the same online is good money making proposition. You can take use of ads to find new customers. You just need to brainstorm what people may be looking for.
19. Webpreneur: Becoming one in a city like Dhaka is none too difficult, because it has all the technology and infrastructure to let you explore the web and build up your own empire online. Let it be a local information website, city deals website or just anything that creates value for locals or for a broader community, bring it on!
20- Software Firm: Dhaka is the most fertile ground for software companies to grow. If you’re a good programmer and or have a couple of more experts with you, you can actually setup a fast growing software company in Bangladesh.
21- Small Scale Cloth Shop: People in Bangladesh do buy readymade clothes, but a huge population prefers buying the material to get it stitched according to their specifications. This is why the clothes shops are more popular than readymade garments. It can be quite profitable if you start small and target a specific economic group!
22. Readymade Garments: Well, this one will need a good investment to start, however, the profitability is in finding the cost effective supplier and cheap transport.
23. Photo Copier: The service is much needed in the commercial hubs or else near educations institutions. And, all these places do have such services already, but still you can find some hotspots near public courts, government offices etc.
24- Computer Repairing Service: If you have knowledge and skill, you do not just need any investment, but yes do spend a little amount on getting your business card and start meeting more and more people who can be your potential customers!
25- Digital Studio: Although smartphone cameras do a lot, people prefer professional photographers to shoot their events. Much of households and businesses require services of a digital studio, and so it can be highly profitable if you have the skill. However, you need an initial investment of at least Tk. 100,000 to set up the computer, UPS, photo quality printer and of course a good digital camera.
26. Online Trading Business: You can buy long life items from wholesale and sell them online, ie jewelry, cosmetics, accessories, cloth materials, T shirts and whatever else you can find from your research on local market!
27. Blogging: All you need to have is good writing skills and subject knowledge and blogging can prove to be a great business. Although it suits almost everyone, stay at home mommies / housewives and students can make better use of it!